Napa Valley Wine Planked Salmon
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillets, 1-inch thick
- 1 cup bottled Champagne vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Cedar or alder grilling plank soaked in equal parts of red wine and water for at least 2 hours
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh herb leaves ( parsley, oregano, basil, marjoram, etc.)
In a large zip-top bag, combine salmon, Champagne vinaigrette, and mustard. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Gently massage bag so that everything is thoroughly combined. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Remove salmon from marinade and discard marinade. Place on wine-soaked plank, season with salt and pepper and cover
with herbs. Place planked salmon on grill. Cover grill and cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until done. Remove from grill and serve hot.
INDOOR: Marinate and prepare salmon as directed. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove salmon fillets from marinade and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Season with salt and pepper and cover with herbs. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, remove from oven and let stand tented with foil for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee