- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 hothouse cucumber, diced
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fines herbs (recommended: Spice Island)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 9 cups spring salad mix
- 1/4 cup light roasted garlic and balsamic salad dressing
Combine quinoa and stock in small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Let cool completely.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled quinoa with remaining ingredients. Toss to mix thoroughly.
Serve chilled on a bed of greens tossed with a little dressing.
Serves: 6; Calories: 197; Total Fat: 7 grams; Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams; Protein: 9 grams; Total carbohydrates: 26 grams; Sugar: 4 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 6 milligrams; Sodium: 247 milligrams