Sandy's Cherry Cobbler
- 1 1/2 cups baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk (recommended: Carnation)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (21 ounces) can cherry pie filling (recommended: Comstock Morefruit)
- 1 cup frozen cherries, thawed (recommended: Dole)
Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, evaporated milk, and almond extract. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour before serving. Serve warm with whipped topping or a scoop of ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee