- Mocha Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup strong coffee or 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dulce de Leche Sauce:
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- 1 scoop coffee ice cream
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 5 small chocolate-covered pretzels
- 1/4 cup chopped nut brittle
- 1 chocolate-covered cherry
- Edible gold sprinkles or glitter
For the mocha chocolate sauce: In a medium saucepot, heat the cream, coffee and corn syrup over low heat. Once hot, whisk in the chocolate and vanilla. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
For the dulce de leche sauce: In a small saucepot, whisk together the dulce de leche, heavy cream and spiced rum. Heat over low heat until hot.
To assemble the sundae: Pour about 2 tablespoon each of the mocha chocolate and dulce de leche sauces in the bottom of a sundae glass. Top with the coffee ice cream, vanilla ice cream and finally the chocolate ice cream. Drizzle with more of the sauces. Top with the whipped cream, garnish with the chocolate-covered pretzels, brittle and just a little drizzle of each of the sauces. Top with the chocolate-covered cherry and sprinkle with the edible gold sprinkles or glitter. Serve immediately.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2012