Sheboygan Baked Beans
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 (28-ounce) cans baked beans (recommended: Bush's Original)
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle root beer
Place a large pot on grill or side burner over medium heat, cook bacon long enough to render fat, and bacon starts to get crispy.
Add chopped onion to bacon fat and cook until soft. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour depending on desired thickness.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2007