Shoreline Salmon Sliders and Crispy Slaw
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Canola oil, for grilling
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- One 6-ounce bag shredded red cabbage
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese, softened
- 12 mini buns or dinner rolls
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Cut the salmon into 2-inch squares so that you get 12 portions, 2 to 3 ounces per portion. Sprinkle both sides of each salmon square with the lemon pepper seasoning.
Brush the grill grates with a paper towel that has been soaked in canola oil. Grill the salmon until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, red wine vinegar and sugar. Add the cabbage and scallions and toss to coat.
In a small bowl, stir together the sweet chili sauce and tartar sauce with the cream cheese.
Spread about 1 teaspoon sauce on both the tops and bottoms of the mini buns. Place a square of salmon on a bun and top with the crispy slaw.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011