Spinach Stuffed Baked Sole
- Cooking spray
- 8 (3 to 4-ounce) fillets of sole
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen spinach and artichoke dip, thawed (recommended: TGI Friday's)
- 1 lemon, 1/2 cut into wedges and 1/2 juiced
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Artichoke Ratatouille, for serving, recipe follows
- Artichoke Ratatouille:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed (recommended: Birds Eye)
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray the bottom of a 9 by 9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
Lay the fillets out onto a clean work surface. Evenly divide the spinach and artichoke dip, about 2 tablespoons for each fillet, and spread it over the length of the fillets. Roll each fillet up and place rolled-side down in the prepared casserole dish. Place the lemon wedges down the center of the casserole dish between the rolls and drizzle each with the lemon juice. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Bake until the fish is opaque and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with Artichoke Ratatouille on the side.Artichoke Ratatouille:
In a high-sided skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the eggplant, vegetable stir-fry blend, artichokes hearts, garlic, red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables are almost completely cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, cover and simmer on low until the eggplant is soft and the ratatouille is thickened slightly, 15 to 20 minutes. Just before serving, stir in the basil. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.