Stuffed Artichoke Hearts
- 3 (14-ounce) cans whole artichoke hearts
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, for garnish
Pull out the center of the artichoke with your fingers to form a cup, and then slice a bit off the bottom to make a flat surface so the cups sit upright. Repeat with remaining artichokes. The artichoke centers can be used in a salad or omelet.
In a large bowl, toss together the scallions, cabbage, and carrots. Add the dressing, taste, and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper, if necessary. Fill the artichoke cups with the slaw, garnish with sesame seeds, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee