Tuscan Tomato Soup with Basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with basil, pureed (recommended: Progresso)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions (recommended: Ore-Ida)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup white wine, preferably Chardonnay
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves
In a medium pot, heat olive oil, over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add pureed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve Tuscan Tomato soup hot, garnished with chopped basil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.