- 1/2 cup pecans
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 4 cups mesclun (mixed baby greens), washed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- About 1/3 cup Lemon-Soy Dressing, recipe follows
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toast the pecans in a shallow pan until they begin to get fragrant, about 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool completely.
Combine the lettuce, mesclun, and onion in a salad bowl. Just before serving, pour on the dressing and toss well. Check to see if you need to add more dressing; you don't want to make the greens too wet. Serve on individual salad plates with the pecans and the cranberries sprinkled on each portion.
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Generous seasoning freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mild-flavored olive oil
Place all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously.
Yield: 3/4 cup