- Canola oil
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (reserve 1 tablespoon for sour cream topping)
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 cup sour cream
In a shallow pan, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
Score sweet potato with a fork and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool. Cut sweet potato in half, scoop out the flesh, and place it into a mixing bowl with the butter. Mash well. Add egg, bread crumbs, flour, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add the chives and corn and mix gently. Using 2 spoons to shape, scoop mounds into hot oil, cooking on both sides, in batches, until golden brown. With a slotted spoon or spider, remove fritters from oil and place on paper towel to dry. Mix sour cream, reserved chives, salt and pepper, to taste, and place a small dollop on each fritter when ready to serve.
Note: A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.