- 22 ounces all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 ounces frozen butter
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbs
- 3 ounces chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 ounces chopped green onion
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 to 3 cups buttermilk, divided
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Preheat the convection oven to 350 degrees F.
Add all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine. Grate the frozen butter into the dry ingredients. Add the blue cheese, spinach, parsley, and green onions. Make a well and add the eggs and half the buttermilk. Fold until just holding together , adding more buttermilk as needed. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Scoop 3-ounce portions of batter onto the paper. Bake for 22 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Bess Giannakakis, former owner of Colossal Cafe in Minneapolis, MN.