Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, julienned
- Bread Cups, recipe follows
- Garnishes: caviar, dill sprigs, finely chopped red onion
- Baked Mini-Bread Cups:
- 12 slices fresh thin sliced white bread, crusts removed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
In a bowl whisk together eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and add egg mixture to skillet. Cook, stirring, until almost set. Transfer eggs to bread cups and top with salmon and caviar.Baked Mini-Bread Cups:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Using a 2 2/3 round cutter (or juice glass) cut bread into rounds. Butter both sides with melted butter and press into mini muffin tins, being careful not to tear bread. Season with salt. Bake for 10 to15 minutes until toast are firm to the touch and slightly golden in color. Fill with desired fillings.
Yield: 12 mini bread cups