Shrimp and Bread Bowls and Olive-Pesto Dressed Tomatoes
- 1 loaf semolina or chewy bread, torn into large pieces
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 6 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, eyeball it
- 1 cup seafood stock, clam juice or chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- A generous handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup store-bought olive tapenade
- 1/4 cup store-bought pesto
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet and toast until crusty all over, 10 minutes.
Heat about 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add anchovy paste and stir. Then add the shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and capers, cook for another 3 to 4 minutes more. Add wine and reduce a minute. Add stock and heat through. Then add the lemon juice, butter and parsley and stir, cooking for another minute.
Place bread into bowls and drizzle with remaining extra-virgin olive oil then top with shrimp and pan juices. Place a bowl out to collect tails.
Combine the tapenade and pesto and pour over arranged slices of tomatoes and red onions. Serve with shrimp bread bowls.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tomato and Shrimp Salad with Horseradish Dressing, Saute of Shrimp over Fried Green Tomatoes with Warm Remoulade Sauce, Creamy Herbed Rock Shrimp in Roasted Tomatoes, Baked Ham Recipes, Latin American, Roasted Turkey Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.