Spiced Steak Caesar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound flank steak
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Basic Caesar Dressing, recipe follows
Mix garlic, fennel seeds, thyme, salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon oil in a small bowl. Rub over flank steak.
Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, cook 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, until internal temperature registers 145 degrees F, or until desired doneness.
Place romaine in a large bowl. Add Parmesan, remaining 1 teaspoon pepper and dressing; toss to coat. Divide salad equally among 4 plates. Slice steak into thin slices across grain at a 45 degree angle. Arrange over salad.
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 lemons, juiced (about 1/2 cup)
2 canned anchovy fillets
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Recipe courtesy Family Circle Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Amy Thielen