Spicy Buckwheat Noodles and Pork in Broth
- 1 pound buckwheat noodles
- One 12-ounce pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Szechuan peppercorns
- 3 cups chicken stock, in a soup pot on the stove
- 3 dried red chili pods, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced shiitake caps
- 1 tablespoon mushroom soy sauce
- 3/4 cup picked cilantro leaves
Have a pot of boiling water on the stove. Place the buckwheat noodles into the boiling water and cook for about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, season the pork with the salt and ground peppercorns. Heat the oil in a saute pan and sear the pork tender on all sides for 8 minutes, making sure to get a nice crust on the outside. Remove and cool slightly. Drain the noodles, and add them to the hot chicken stock. Add the chili peppers, shiitakes, and mushroom soy sauce, continue to simmer. Thinly slice the pork tender and add it and the cilantro to the noodle broth. Season and ladle yourself out a big bowl.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Braised Clams in Parsley Broth, Peas and Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Fried Capers, Pork Ribs with Apples, Sausage Ready to Mail: Salsicce in Cartoccio, Sauteed Mushroom Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Easy Side Dish, Mushroom Side Dish Recipes, Egg Noodle, Mushroom Risotto Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.