Spicy Stir-Fry Duck with White Pineapple
- 6 duck breasts
- 1 gallon water
- 1/2 pound kosher salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dry oregano
- 1/2 cup cumin seed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoons ancho puree
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 20 whole cloves
- Stir Fry:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tequila
- 1/4 cup julienne red peppers
- 1/4 cup julienne green peppers
- 1/4 cup julienne carrots
- 1/3 cup asparagus tips
- 1/4 cup cleaned, blanched, and julienned Nopalitos, (Nopales found in Mexican markets)
- 1/3 cup scallions
- 1/2 piece jalapeno pepper, julienne
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup white pineapple circles or pineapple circles
Begin by making the brine. Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot. Warm slightly so salt and sugar dissolve. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Add the duck breasts and marinate in brine, in the refrigerator, for 24 hours.
Once the duck is ready, cut the breasts into julienne strips and saute in a large skillet or wok in olive oil. Add the Tequila and saute for a few minutes. Add all of the julienne cut vegetables, chili sauce and garlic except for the pineapple. Saute vegetables for approximately 5 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Cut the pineapple into circles and add last, just before serving.
Serve stir-fry over pasta or rice.
Note: This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.