Spicy Vegetarian Peanut Noodle Salad
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons naturally brewed soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked and refreshed
- 1 English cucumber, halved and 1/8-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted (salted) peanuts for garnish
In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, sesame oil, vinegar, chile, sugar, Dijon, coriander and soy until smooth. Whisk in the canola oil and check for seasoning. In a large bowl, toss dressing with the pasta, cucumbers, bell pepper and scallions. Check for seasoning.
PLATING: Serve in large serving bowl. Garnish with peanuts.
BEVERAGE: Sparkling water with fresh lime and lemon.
Wine suggestion: Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc 1999
2000, Ming Tsai, All Rights Reserved