Spinach Fettuccine with Clam-Butter Sauce and Diced Tomatoes
- 1 pound spinach fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 dozen cooked clams, shelled (or 1 (14-ounce) can whole baby clams, drained)
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained or 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Cook linguine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook 3 minutes, until soft. Add thyme and oregano and cook 1 minute, until fragrant. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add linguine and clams and simmer 3 minutes, until heated through. Stir in tomatoes and basil and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Transfer to a serving platter and top with Parmesan.
Recipe courtesy Robin Miller, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis