- 4 sirloins steaks sliced to 1/2-inch
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1 pint English pale ale (recommended: Bass)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Season steaks on both sides with salt, pepper and butter. Put onto a hot grill and brown on both sides.
Add beer and place steaks in pan. Allow to stew until tender.
Combine the thyme, parsley, nutmeg, remaining butter and flour together. Use this to thicken the sauce so as to be able to coat the back of a spoon.