Strawberry-Arugula Salad With Sweet Lime Vinaigrette
- 8 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 10 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, crumbled with the tip of a knife (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toss the strawberry slices, arugula and parmesan crumbles in a large bowl.
Vigorously whisk together the mustard, sugar, lime juice and orange juice in a medium bowl, whisking between additions to dissolve all the ingredients. Add the olive oil in a thin stream while whisking with the other hand. (This is a perfect time to ask for an extra hand, or place the bowl in the center of a dish towel curled into a circle around the base to stabilize it.) Taste and season with a pinch of salt, if needed, and a grind or two of pepper. Toss the salad with some of the dressing and serve the rest on the side.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.