Sunny's Bammy Buns with Tropical Butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large or 2 small habanero peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup yucca flour (sometimes called tapioca or cassava flour)
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Tropical butter:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat and saute the habaneros until tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and Parmesan. Mix together the egg, milk and habaneros in a separate bowl. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients by hand. When themixture comes together, knead it a few times. Roll the dough into 8 balls the size of a golf ball and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
Arrange the buns on a serving platter and serve warm with Tropical Butter.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson, 2010