- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian or hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat removed and chopped
- 1 (13.8 ounce) package premade pizza crust (recommended: Pillsbury Pizza Crust -Thin Crust)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar,
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella, torn into 1 to 2-inch pieces
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a pot over medium heat add the olive oil, onions, jalapenos and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent and tender, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika, thyme, and oregano, then stir well and cook until fragrant. Add the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Raise the heat to medium- high and simmer, while rapidly stirring, until everything is blended and smooth. Lower the heat to a simmer and add the chopped chicken. Stir to coat all the chicken, then remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, roll out the dough according to package directions and fit it onto a rectangular nonstick baking sheet. Put the crust in the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
Remove the crust from the oven and leaving a 1-inch border pour the BBQ chicken and sauce evenly over the crust. Top with the Cheddar, Parmesan and mozzarella, in that order. Put the topped pizza in the oven and bake until the mozzarella cheese is bubbly and the edges of the crust are golden-brown, anywhere from 6 to 11 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven to a cutting board and allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.