Sunny's Quick Chilled Carrot Soup
- One 16-ounce bag frozen sliced carrots, thawed slightly
- 1 to 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed slightly
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the soup: In a powerful blender, add the carrots, 1 cup of the chicken stock, the creme fraiche, onions, lemon juice, maple syrup, ginger, paprika and nutmeg. Blend until smooth. If needed, add a bit more stock to loosen to the desired texture; this soup should be slightly thick. Taste and season with salt. Blend, taste again and season again if needed. Refrigerate.
Pour the chilled soup into bowls and serve topped with the garnish.