- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound vegetables, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound meat (boneless, skinless chicken thighs, etc.)
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into medium dice, or 2 cans beans
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) low sodium canned chicken broth
- Herbs, spice or flavoring of choice
- Salt and ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Add the onions; saute to soften slightly, about 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables, meat of choice, starch of choice, tomatoes, chicken broth, and dried herb or spice of choice. Partially cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and flavors have blended, about 20 minutes. Add fresh herbs, season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® Cheese Cookies and Tomato Soup, Cheddar and Beer Soup with Spicy Popcorn Garnish, Vampire Blood Tomato Soup with Muenster Sammies, Carrot Soup Recipes, Tortilla Soup Recipes, Roast Beef Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.