- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen chopped sweet green and red peppers
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn nibblets, drained
- 1 (4 1/4-ounce) jar diced green chiles
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Brown beef in a 5 to 6 quart deep pot over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes, breaking up meat with wooden spoon but leaving some large pieces. Add frozen chopped peppers, beans, corn, chiles, soup mix, 2 cups water, cumin, salt, oregano and cayenne. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir 1/4 cup water into flour in small cup until smooth. Stir into stew; cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.