- 1 pound lump crab meat, approximately 2 to 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups Japanese bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy mayonnaise
Place crab meat in a mixing bowl along with 1 1/2 cups of the bread crumbs, the eggs, mustard, and other remaining ingredients. Mix gently, leaving the crab lumps as large as possible.
Shape the mixture into 12 to 16 equal portions, ball up and flatten into a patty shape about 3/4 to 1-inch thick. Coat each patty with some of the remaining bread crumbs. Chill for at least 1 hour before cooking.
Heat 1/4 cup cooking oil over medium heat. Saute each cake 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side in the oil.