- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water, plus 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 bunch fresh spinach, cleaned and cut into chiffonade
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek dressing, recipe follows
- Handful toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat feta
Cover quinoa with 4 cups of water and rub the grains between the palm of your hands for 2 seconds. Drain and repeat the process 1 more time.
Bring 4 1/2 cups water to a boil; add quinoa, sea salt, and olive oil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Let cool, then fluff with a fork. Add the artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, spinach, cherry tomatoes, parsley, and Greek dressing, and toss to mix well. Sprinkle with pine nuts and goat feta.
For the Greek dressing:
- 1 tablespoon lemon freshly grated zest
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon dried fresh basil
- Sea salt and black pepper
Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl. Check and adjust the seasonings.