- 1 can artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1 pound mild soft goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 roasted red bell pepper or pimiento
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- French Bread Crostini, recipe follows
In a food processor, add the artichoke hearts, goat cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, roasted bell pepper, parsley, chives, basil, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Place in a nonreactive bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 days in advance. Serve with French Bread Crostini.
French Bread Crostini:
- 1 (18-inch) loaf French baguette or ficelle
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Cut bread into 1/4-inch round or oval slices and place on 1 large or 2 small baking sheets. Brush 1 side of each slice lightly with the olive oil, and lightly season with the salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool before serving.
Serve with dips of choice.
Yield: 20 to 30 crostinis