- 2 large Idaho potatoes
- Canola oil, for frying (about 2 cups)
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1/2 vertically
- 16 toothpicks
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Cut each potato into 8 wedges and parboil until fork tender.
2. In a preheated large saute pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Wrap each potato wedge with 1 strip of bacon and secure with 1 toothpick on each end. Pan-fry in oil until bacon and potato are golden brown, approximately 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently with tongs to brown all sides evenly. Remove and drain on paper towels.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix butter, honey, black pepper, scallions and parsley. Stir with a spoon until fully mixed.
4. Toss potatoes in the glaze. Remove toothpicks and serve.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.