Tomato Couscous Salad
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato couscous
- 1/2 pound thin asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray; set aside.
In a small pot, bring the broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; set aside.
Place asparagus and scallions on prepared baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon salad dressing. Roast in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine cooked couscous, roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes, basil, and remaining salad dressing. Toss to combine.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis