Top-of-the-Chops BBQ Salad
- 3 ounces cooked boneless skinless lean chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (about 45 calories per 2 tablespoons serving)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped jicama
- 3 tablespoons canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons canned sweet corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 5 low-fat baked tortilla chips, broken into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch dressing
Place the cooked chicken and 1 1/2 tablespoons BBQ sauce in a small bowl and toss to coat. Set aside.
Add the saucy chicken and top with cheese and tortilla chips.
To make the dressing: Mix the remaining 1/2 tablespoon BBQ sauce with ranch dressing. Serve and enjoy!
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 364 calories, 3.5g fat, 1,046mg sodium, 51.5g carbs, 9.5g fiber, 17g sugars, 36.5g protein
2010 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray