Touchdown Tequila Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups lime juice or margarita mix
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec or orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 large Vidalia onion, cut into wedges
- Vegetable Marinade, recipe follows
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Vegetable Marinade:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice or margarita mix
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, combine lime juice, tequila, triple sec, cilantro, garlic and red pepper flakes. Add chicken and marinate chicken for 3 hours or overnight (depending on how much you like the tequila flavor).
Marinate peppers and onion in Vegetable Marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and grill, turning once, until juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Drain peppers and onions, grill in a grill basket until tender and browned on edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Slice the chicken breast into 1/2-inch strips. Serve with peppers and onions, cheese, salsa and sour cream.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.Vegetable Marinade:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Yield: about 1 cup
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.