Touchdown Tequila Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups lime juice or margarita mix
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec or orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 large Vidalia onion, cut into wedges
- Vegetable Marinade, recipe follows
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Vegetable Marinade:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice or margarita mix
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, combine lime juice, tequila, triple sec, cilantro, garlic and red pepper flakes. Add chicken and marinate chicken for 3 hours or overnight (depending on how much you like the tequila flavor).
Marinate peppers and onion in Vegetable Marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and grill, turning once, until juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Drain peppers and onions, grill in a grill basket until tender and browned on edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Slice the chicken breast into 1/2-inch strips. Serve with peppers and onions, cheese, salsa and sour cream.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.Vegetable Marinade:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Yield: about 1 cup
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Penn State Sue
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee