Triple Threat Chili
- Cooking spray
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 pound ground buffalo
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can red beans
- 1 packet chili seasoning (recommended: seasoning packet from the Carroll Shelby Chili Kit)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- Shredded Cheddar, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Sliced green onion, white and green parts, for serving
Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and put over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, spray a large pot with cooking spray and turn the heat to medium. Before the onion starts to turn translucent, transfer it to the pot. In the pan that the onion was just sauteed in, add the sausage, leaving it broken up in an array of different size pieces. Saute until cooked through. Transfer the sausage to the pot with the onion and stir well. Add the ground buffalo to the pan, saute until cooked through, and then add it to the pot. Saute the ground turkey until no longer pink and add it to the pot. Give the pot a good stir to incorporate all the ingredients well. Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and red beans. Mix until everything is well distributed. Add the packet of chili seasoning, along with the cayenne pepper, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes and stir to incorporate.
Stir in the hot sauce and simmer over medium-low heat until ready to serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.