Apple, Pear and Plum Compote
- 2 cups peeled Granny Smith apples, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 medium apples)
- 2 cups peeled ripe firm pears, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 medium pears)
- 2 cups unpeeled diced plums (about 3 large plums)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Remove the lid and continue cooking until the syrup is reduced and the fruit is tender, another 30 minutes.
Cool completely, cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve alone or on cake.
Recipe courtesy of Trisha Yearwood