- Cooking spray, for greasing pan
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Three 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes with liquid
- One 2 1/4-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar (5 ounces)
- One 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon until slightly crisp. With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Saute the garlic, onion and bell pepper in the bacon drippings until tender. Add the tomatoes, olives, oregano, bacon and the cooked ground beef and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Place half of the spaghetti in the prepared baking dish; top with half of the vegetable-beef mixture; and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheddar. Repeat the layers. In a bowl, stir together the cream of mushroom soup and 1/4 cup water until smooth, and pour this over the casserole. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.