Beth's Hash-Brown Potato Casserole
- 1 stick butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- 2 pounds large red potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups sour cream
- 10 ounces Cheddar, shredded
- One 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed butter crackers, such as Ritz
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9- by 13- by 2-inch casserole dish.
Use a the large holes box grater or the grating blade of a food processor to shred the potatoes into a large bowl. Add the sour cream, Cheddar, soup, onion, salt and pepper. Turn the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the crushed crackers. Pour the melted butter over the top of the casserole. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake until lightly browned on top, about 20 minutes more.
Recipe adapted from Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen with Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2008
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay