- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed organic tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 11/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
In a large skillet, saute onions, garlic and bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.