Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup milk, or as needed
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the potatoes on a rack for 1 hour or until soft. Allow them to cool slightly.
Cut the potatoes in 1/2, scoop out the pulp, and place in a mixing bowl, setting the skins aside. Add the butter, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Mash well, adding enough milk to make a fairly stiff mixture. Add the beaten egg yolks and stir well.
Recipe courtesy of Junior League Celebration Cookbook