Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 orange, sectioned, seeded (if there are any) and chopped
- 1 hot red chile, stemmed and chopped
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, cut into 2 to 3-inch sections
- 8 leaves bibb or Boston lettuce
Wrap each shrimp in a section of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Put the shrimp on a baking sheet and broil, turning once, until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes each side. To serve, lay a lettuce leaf on the cutting board. Remove the toothpick from 1 of the cooked shrimp and center the shrimp on the lettuce leaf. Spoon a little of the citrus sauce on top, wrap it all up in the lettuce like a burrito, and put it seam-side down on a plate. Keep going in the same way to wrap all of the shrimp. Serve hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.