Tuna Everything Bagel
- Tuna Salad:
- 3 cups good quality canned tuna (packed in water), drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cornichons, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste
- 2 everything bagels, sliced and toasted
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced crescents
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
Begin with the tuna salad. Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Take cut bagels and toast under a hot broiler until golden brown. While still hot smear the bottom with the cream cheese immediately. Top with a scoop of the tuna salad and then layer with red onion, tomato, cucumber and lettuce. Add the top half of the bagel and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.