- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup half-moon sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 baby eggplant, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cut into large chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (check the label: no more than 2 grams sugar per serving)
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Start by preparing and cutting all the vegetables and measuring your ingredients so that they are ready to go. Once you begin stir-frying, it goes very quickly.
In a wok or large skillet, heat canola oil over high heat until almost smoking. Add the peppers and onion while stirring constantly. While continuing to stir, add successively the squash, broccoli, eggplant, tofu, garlic, and teriyaki sauce. Cook, stirring, constantly for 2 minutes. Add the bok choy, sprouts, pepper, and salt and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes more.
Stir in snow peas and sesame oil and remove from heat. Serve immediately.