Vegetarian "Southern-style" Collard Greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound collard greens, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil and butter. Saute the onions until slightly softened, about 2 minutes, then add the red pepper flakes and garlic, cook another minute. Add collard greens and cook another minute. Add the vegetable stock, cover and bring to a simmer. Cook until greens are tender, about 40 minutes. Add tomatoes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.