Veggie So Low Mein
- 3 packages House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Shaped Noodle Substitute
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bag (about 12 ounces) frozen Chinese-style stir-fry mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium or lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored powdered consomme
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Rinse and drain shirataki noodles well. Dry noodles thoroughly, using paper towels to soak up as much moisture as possible. Use a knife or kitchen shears to slice them up a bit. Set aside.
Bring a large skillet or a wok sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add mushrooms, zucchini, bean sprouts, scallions, and carrots. Add frozen veggies. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the frozen veggies have thawed and are hot.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce, combine soy sauce, cornstarch, consomme, and sugar with 1/2 cup of hot water. Stir well and set aside.
Pour the sauce into the skillet or wok. Stir well and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until the entire dish is thoroughly mixed and hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve it up and enjoy!!
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 1 1/2 cups): 129 calories, 2g fat, 995mg sodium, 23g carbs, 6g fiber, 9g sugars, 6g protein
2011 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.