- 2 (1-inch) slices sourdough bread (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 2 ounces sliced smoked gouda
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onions
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 ounce shredded fontina cheese
Brush both sides of the slices of bread with olive oil or butter. Assemble the sandwich layers as follows: prepared bread, smoked gouda, prosciutto, onions, tomato, fontina, and bread. Place in a panini press (or in a heated grill pan or saute pan pressed with another heavy pan) and cook until crisp and golden. Serve immediately.