- 2 large russet potatoes, diced small
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3/4 pound corned beef, diced small
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 cup, finely grated Swiss cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low; and simmer for 1 minute making sure the potatoes are still firm. Drain the potatoes in colander and set aside.
Heat a 10-inch skillet, over medium-high. Add the butter and allow it to brown for 1 minute. Stir in the onions, garlic and jalapenos and cook for 5 minutes. Add the corned beef, horseradish, bouillon, potatoes, chives and Swiss cheese. Mix well, then remove from the heat. Spoon the hash into 6 (6-ounce) ramekins. Put the ramekins on a quarter sheet tray and bake until nicely browned, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Option: Crack an egg onto the hash before baking.