My Favorite Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 red jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated chicken bouillon
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
In a large saute pan or wok over medium-high heat, add the oil. Add jalapenos, onions and garlic, and saute until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs and scramble until firm, about 2 minutes Add the rice and combine until well coated with the oil and vegetables, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, bouillon, salt, pepper and parsley. Sprinkle with the lime juice and combine well. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo Jr.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee