Roast Beef with Bourbon Mushroom Sauce
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup coarse cracked black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil, for searing
- 1 whole Beef Striploin, trimmed with some fatback remaining
- Bourbon Mushroom Sauce, recipe follows
- Bourbon Mushroom Sauce:
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Add oil to saute pan. Season meat on all sides with salt and pepper. Sear meat on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes each side. Place meat on sheet tray with a rack. Roast meat for 30 to 40 minutes. Crank oven up to 450 degrees F. and roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until crust forms and meat is nicely colored. When done, allow to rest before slicing. In a small bowl reserve juice for Bourbon Mushroom Sauce.Bourbon Mushroom Sauce:
*Cook's Note: When adding alcohol to any dish, remove pan from flame. Add bourbon and scrape pan with a wooden spoon. Add stock and mix well removing any lumps. Bring sauce to a boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes until sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Add 1 tablespoon cold butter and whisk together. Stir in reserved roast beef juice. Finish with parsley. Serve on top or along side of roasted meat.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller