Sausage, Red Pepper and Feta Frittata
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pinch of smoked salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sour Cream Sauce:
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the frittata: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large ovenproof saute pan over high heat, add the olive oil, onions, sausage, garlic and oregano, stirring frequently to break up the clumps. Add the roasted peppers and cook about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, feta cheese, smoked salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the saute pan and bake until the eggs are set and golden brown and the frittata pulls away from the sides slightly, about 35 minutes. Remove the frittata from the oven and let cool about 10 minutes.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Red Pepper and Fresh Herb Frittata, A Stuffed Picnic: Tuna and Artichoke Stuffed Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Feta and Chick Pea Stuffed Zucchini, Nut and Brown Sugar Stuffed Macintosh Apples, Arugula, Red Pepper, and Sausage Stuffed Fillet of Beef, Easy Snack, Easy Main Dish, Easy Slow Cooking, Easy Pasta, Easy Shrimp, Easy Barbecuing
Thank you! your flag was submitted.