"Friday Shrimp" (Turmeric-Rubbed Shrimp Stuffed with Garlic and Cilantro)
- 14 large Mexican shrimp, shelled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for coating
- 10 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved thinly
- Juice of 2 limes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix the garlic with half of the cilantro and a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Slice a deep slit in the back of each shrimp from head to just above the tail. Be sure to not cut all the way through the shrimp. Stuff each shrimp with the garlic mixture and line up on the prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove the shrimp from the oven. Serve 2 shrimp per plate with a small mound of fennel salad in the middle.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse